The Governance structure has a General Assembly at the apex. It is the highest decision-making body.
The General Assembly is the overall Policy-making body of the ECOWAS Chamber of Mines. The General assembly has a President elected from among its membership. The Presidency is held on a rotation basis from among the members.
The first President of the General Assembly is Mr. Kwame Addo-Kufuor, who is also the current President of the Ghana Chamber of Mines.
Composition of General Assembly:
The General Assembly consists of the following officers and members of the ECOWAS Chamber of Mines:
- a) The Executive Council;
- b) The Secretary to the Executive Council;
- c) Ordinary Members (the President and Head of a Member’s National Secretariat or their representatives).
- d) Associate Members (the President and Head of a Member’s National Secretariat or their representative(s).
- e) Honorary Members (maximum two representatives each).
Functions of the General Assembly:
The General Assembly determines the policies and programmes of the ECOWAS Chamber of Mines, including the following:
- a) Consider, endorse, ratify and/or approve recommendation(s) on admission of new members and termination of such membership in accordance with this Constitution.
- b) Consider and approve annual reports on activities carried out.
- c) Consider and approve the budget and audited accounts.
- d) Elect the Members of the Executive Council of the ECOWAS Chamber of Mines.
- e) Approve the setting up of Zonal Secretariats of the ECOWAS Chamber of Mines.